Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Back from Pinehurst and training at home again. Got a long run in the North Carolina heat and it was a learning experience. Go slow and hydrate! It was interesting to do my long run one week at 92 degrees and then my first long run back home was at 36! Ah, New England...

The weather is finally co-operating though, and I'm starting to get some longer rides in. The bike setup feels good.

I've got my training plan down for the HIM with help from Leigh. It seems light on volume but she assures me there's enough with the quality work I'm doing, so I'll just follow the plan. Essentially the key workouts are a hard bike (hour TT type ride), a hard run (variety of speed work), long bike (up to 3+ hours), and a long run (90 mins max). Other weekly work includes at least one other mid-long ride up to 2 hours, and a few more runs including some short bricks. The swimming is as I fit it in, with emphasis on lake swims as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment